Tuesday, January 29, 2008

By Grace Backlist Sptlight... *The Last Journey* by Linda Lattimer

The Last Journey by Linda Lattimer


Karen Walker is determined to fulfill her husband’s last request; one last western adventure. The only problem is Jason’s ashes are inside an urn and her children have a hard time accepting their mother carrying their dad’s ashes from Atlanta to the Grand Canyon. Daughter, Suzanne feels her mother has never accepted their dad’s death, acting as if nothing has happened. She feels unless her mom accepts that Jason is never returning none of them can go on with their lives. On the way out west, Karen meets someone that begins opening new doors for her and begins to thaw a heart that she only opened to Jason. Ben Carrey finds Karen breathtaking and feels she is the right woman that could change his life for good. When Karen learns about Ben’s deceit will she accept his apology or close the door to a new life the second time around?

The Last Journey
by Linda Lattimer


After the check-in was completed they headed toward their room. Ben’s stomach was in knots. He so wanted to express all his feelings to her, but what if she rejected him? Karen, I love you so very much it aches in my heart not to be able to hold you to my heart.

He reached for her hand when they approached the door to their room. “Don’t put the key in the door yet.”

“Oh, do you want to get the luggage before we check out the room?”

He pulled the band out of her ponytail, freeing her hair to fall slowly off her shoulders. His hands cupped her face as his lips touched hers in a warm kiss. He could still taste the aroma of their valley. The kiss sent little embers of fire throughout his body.

Karen felt electricity spark through her. “Ben...” The word fell off breathless when the kiss broke. The other kisses that he had bestowed on her had been nothing compared to this one. Time stood still as she continued to gaze into his eyes. This is wrong, Karen. She heard the voice loud and clear. I can’t shut my feelings out. Today has been so wonderful. I am in love with him.

Ben couldn’t interrupt her thoughts as she stood there, unable to move from that one spot. Now was the opportunity if he was ever going to get that one chance with her. This is wrong, Ben. The voice was strong as thunder. But I am in love with her. I want to marry her.

“Karen...I want to get the luggage later. All I want is to love you all night.”
Her eyes grew wider. She didn’t know how to react. Deep down, she wanted it as much as he did but...

“I don’t know if that is a good idea. I mean I haven’t even had a bath. And we aren’t married. That wouldn’t be right.”

He took hold of her hand, holding it close to his cheek. “I don’t need a piece of paper tonight that says I’m married to you. That can come later.”

“What...” Her hand fell to her side.

“Hush, don’t say a word. At this very moment, in my heart, I already feel married to you. I love you, Karen Walker. I’ve been in love with you for the past few days, but didn’t know how to tell you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, not only you, but also the girls and the grandchildren. I’m in love with you and your whole family.”

She found herself speechless. Her heart fluttered. “I don’t know what to say.”

Purchase The Last Journey by Linda Lattimer.
Visit Linda online.

No comments: